Friday, August 28, 2009

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Well yesterday was my first day away from C.J. since birth. I had to go to work for an event that caused me to interrupt my vacation prematurely. So anyway, C.J. decided that she did not want me to be well rested so she stayed up all night into the morning. It was 4:30 before I had to tag in Mommy dearest. I needed at least an hour of sleep since I usually wake up each morning at 5:15am. Well when I finally got up at 6:30am (when I should have been out the door) I gave my two leading ladies the all famous forehead kiss and was gone. I will admit I missed the heck out of that little girl. I think I was good by only calling home twice. (OK it was three times, one was returning a call made to me but of course I didn't mind) Now, I will have you know that I did have the phone in near view the entire day, that and the clock to make sure I didn't stay a minute to long. Traffic behaved and I was home sooner than later I hustled up the steps washed my hands and grab my sleepy beauty up. Now for all of you who will say poor mommy, I spoke to her and greeted her with a kiss first. All in all I will say the first day away was not to bad but come Tuesday I don't know how I am going to do this on a daily basis, I want to be there for everything, even though the diapers are getting stronger and stronger. I know I can't so i just thank God for allowing me every minute he does with her and for providing CJ's daddy with a profession he loves and one that won't lead to many stressful nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment